Hope you and your family survived the holidays. Ours started out rough with all three kids contracting mono, but oddly enough it was actually a blessing in disguise. Christmas day was filled with coughing, fevers, and sniffles, but my kids were troopers. We as a family during the Christmas break did a lot of resting so we could kick sickness to the curb. We stayed away from sweets and even made Santa a healthy cookie to have with his milk.
A Healthier Minestrone Soup
One of the things I came away with was how having a low key holiday was actually good for our family. Our kids were happier, I spent a lot of quality time with my children and my husband, and it was a blast doing mommy dates, crafting, and we even took the kids bowling when they started to feel better. Right before Christmas I had a bunch of produce sitting in my fridge so I whipped up this 21 Day Fix inspired minestrone soup. I made my version of minestrone soup 21 Day Fix approved, gluten free and packed with flavor.
What is the 21 Day Fix? Click HERE
- 4 - 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized into noodled or sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 14 oz can of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 2 bay leafs
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- In a stock pot saute your garlic and onion.
- Next throw in your chopped celery and shredded carrots and cook five more minutes.
- Once veggies start to soften pour in the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and kidney beans along with all the spices and salt.
- Simmer on low until all the veggies are soft.
- I throw in my zucchini noodles about 5 minutes so they do not become too soft.
- Day Fix Portion Control Containers - 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 tsp
What is your family’s favorite soup? Comment Below!
Interested in getting healthy? Need a support system to actually press play and learn how to change your diet? As an on-line health and fitness coach I can help you! I connect people with in-home fitness programs that meet their needs and help create support along the way. Ready to make the change or want to talk about your goals click HERE.