This is a super-good Swedish Meatballs Crock-Pot® recipe that is great for any Sunday football game, but especially good during the Super Bowl. For dad’s like me, it is quick and easy. Every little fan and Sunday helper in your house will love them! My wife makes meatballs by hand (Homemade Turkey Meatballs). I have made this recipe previously with frozen meatballs as described below, but it also works for homemade meatballs. If you use freshly-cooked, handmade meatballs, then the cooking time for the recipe below will only be about 2-3 hours in the Crock-Pot®.
- 2 - 14 ounce bags of frozen meatballs
- 1 cup of grape jelly
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce (I prefer the Sweet Baby Ray's® brand of Sweet Vidalia Onion Barbecue Sauce for this recipe, but you can use your own favorite barbecue sauce). Another method that I do sometimes is use the same amount of chili sauce, but I prefer the flavor of the barbecue sauce better.
- ¼ cup of water
- Pour water into bottom of the Crock-Pot®.
- Put frozen meatballs into the Crock-Pot® and spread them out evenly.
- Put grape jelly and barbecue/chili sauce on top of meatballs.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours on low. Stir together after about one hour, and then stir about every 45 minutes thereafter until done.
Disclaimer: Crock-Pot® is a registered trademark of Sunbeam Products, Inc.