June was a crazy month with our kids finishing up school, my husband changing jobs, and of course my husband had a birthday right at the end of the month too. When I asked my husband what he wanted me to make him for his birthday cake he said it had to be carrot cake, healthy and 21 Day Fix approved. My husband is trying to get back into shape after nearly killing himself working 50+ hours a week plus doing a full load for an MBA during this last year. I thought about what I would do and then I decided to go raw. I love raw desserts because they are the perfect combination of sweet, but not full of all the bad stuff like white sugar and flour.
Fix Approved and Delicious!
My kids and I all made the carrot cake and if you happen to be on Periscope you would have seen us make my husband’s birthday cake live. We had a fun time using the food processor and grinding up carrots, nuts, and I promise no fingers were chopped off in the creation of this cake.
21 Day Fix Carrot Cake
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Ingredients for the Frosting:
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight in water
- 1/2 cup avocado or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Super easy to make this raw carrot cake all you is a food processor and pulse all ingredients until well blended. Use a spring form pan or some other small baking pan with cooking paper and press in the raw carrot mixture into the pan.
- Cashew Frosting Never Tasted So GOOD!
- Again take all ingredients and pulse them in a food processor or blender until well blended.
- Coat frosting onto the raw carrot cake base mixture and then put into the freezer to set. Take out about 20 minutes before you serve.
- One piece of this 21 Day Fix Carrot Cake is 1/6 of an 8 inch spring form pan: 1/2 green container, 1/4 purple, 1 yellow, 1 orange, 1 tsp
- *granted it is difficult to get containers exact, but based on a regular size of pie that is about the amount I figured*
The best part about this cake was he not only loved it, but it did fit into the 21 Day Fix meal plan. It is the reason I love the program so much because you can still eat real food and have something sweet without feeling guilty.
Have you tried the 21 Day Fix yet? Want to know more or join my next challenge click HERE: