My kids and I all made carrot cake. We had a fantastic time using the food processor and grinding up carrots and nuts.
I promise no fingers were chopped off in the creation of this cake!
21 Day Fix Carrot Cake
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Ingredients for the Frosting:
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight in water
- 1/2 cup avocado or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Super easy to make this raw carrot cake all you is a food processor and pulse all ingredients until well blended. Use a spring form pan or some other small baking pan with cooking paper and press in the raw carrot mixture into the pan.
- Cashew Frosting Never Tasted So GOOD!
- Again take all ingredients and pulse them in a food processor or blender until well blended.
- Coat frosting onto the raw carrot cake base mixture and then put into the freezer to set. Take out about 20 minutes before you serve.
- One piece of this 21 Day Fix Carrot Cake is 1/6 of an 8 inch spring form pan: 1/2 green container, 1/4 purple, 1 yellow, 1 orange, 1 tsp
- *granted it is difficult to get containers exact, but based on a regular size of pie that is about the amount I figured*
Fix Approved and Delicious!
The best part about this cake was he not only loved it, but it did fit into the 21 Day Fix meal plan. It is the reason I love the program so much because you can still eat real food and have something sweet without feeling guilty.