Post Audio Version
As a busy mother of four, I have a love affair with my slow cooker. My slow cooker allows me to cook healthy and yummy dinners for my family, and saves me from ordering out. One of my family’s favorites is my Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry recipe.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
My husband and I love to cook curries. We keep all different types of curry spices in our kitchen, and we love the site Spice Sage. You can find nearly every spice you would want, in any quantity you’d ever need, and at reasonable prices.
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- 1 medium Onion thinly, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2-3 tbsp Madras Curry Powder or a curry of your choosing
- 2 pounds Frozen or Fresh Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar or Maple syrup
- 1 14 oz can Coconut Milk
- 1 24 oz jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 14.5 oz cans Diced Tomatoes Do not drain.
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Optional
- 1 tsp Salt Optional
- Place frozen or fresh chicken breasts in your slow cooker. If you like your chicken more shredded, you can cook the breasts whole. If you like meat chunks, then cube the chicken breast to the desired size.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, lifting the chicken breast to make sure the sauce mixture gets under them.
- Turn your slow cooker on Low for 8 hours (half the time if unfrozen). The chicken should fall apart easily into smaller chunks when cooked.
This healthy chicken curry recipe is really easy. Just throw all the ingredients together into the slow cooker, turn your crock pot on, and walk away. You can serve this curry with rice, quinoa, or leave it as a stand alone. Enjoy!
Please let me know about any curry recipes you like or modifications you made to this one. I would love to hear!