Each of us must build self-esteem for ourselves. Nobody else can do this. Learn about 5 high-impact steps you must take to build self-esteem and happiness.
Two years ago when I finally decided I was worth 30 minutes a day at least to workout I started the process due to poor health and an extra twenty pounds. After being consistent with exercise over these past months I realized one key thing is that exercise is way more than just losing weight and inches. Exercise can effect every single aspect of your life and weight is only one tiny part of it. Today I am sharing with you the 15 non-scale reasons to exercise that have changed my life and why you should not make exercise a chore, but something that is a blessing in your life.
The Best Reasons to Break a Sweat
- Happier: People who tend to exercise are happier people. This happens because happy chemicals are released in our brain called dopamine and simply by lifting, jumping, and getting our heart rates moving we become more happy people.
- Better Sex: Yep I said it exercise totally helps make your sex life better due to better stamina, you feel sexier, you tend to have more sex, and many people enjoy it more. There are several other reasons, but those are the ones that I have noticed since my husband and I started working out regularly.
- Confidence Builder: Exercise does wonders for someone’s confidence because they not only feel physically better about themselves, but they also look better too. Exercise tends to become an anchor point in ones life and it changes their mindset and the way they think.
- Gives You Energy: Moving your body can literally create energy in your body and it helps with your circulation and muscle tone. By adding fitness into your life you can literally help your body be less fatigued.
- Reduces Stress: We as humans were created to move and when we do our entire bodies function better. Working up a sweat is one of the best ways to reduce stress in your life. It creates those happy endorphins I mentioned earlier which helps us be less stressed.
- Live Healthier: People who tend to workout, to eat better, and all around run a healthier life. I know for myself that before I started working out regularly I also ate poorly compared to what I eat now. It changed the entire dynamics of our household too because everyone benefited from it and it became a part of our lifestyle.
- More Creative: When you move your body and sweat several times a week it brings more clarity to your brain which helps make you more creative. I know when I sweat and get my body moving my mind also starts to fire more and it is usually when some of my best work is done.
- Money Saved: While a membership to a gym or a home workout can cost money, the money you save from going to the doctor less, to being more productive and getting more done in a shorter amount of time actually ends up saving you money.
- Helps with Fertility: Now this one is a big one for me. When I was at my worst health I lost three pregnancies. I took it as a sign my body needed healing and I started changing my health one day at a time. I am now pregnant with our 4th baby and things are going great. I know for a fact that my health has a lot to do with it. When your body is healthier everything works and runs better and this not only goes for women, but also for men as well.
- You Sleep Better: One of the most important reasons to exercise is it helps your body sleep better and by sleeping a good amount every single night you are repairing your body and helping it renew energy.
- It Makes You Look Younger: When you workout and get your body healthy everything in your body operates better. Your heart, your other organs and when that happens your skin also functions better making you look younger. Another side effect of people who not only look younger it makes them act younger and age is just that a number.
- Makes You A Good Example: Now that our kids see us working out they want to join in and even have their own kid workouts they like to do. By being a good example others will start to want to join you so they can look and feel like you do.
- It Helps with Chronic Pain: I have worked with several clients who have autoimmune disorders that cause them a lot of pain, but what we have learned is the more they exercised and got healthy the better their pain was. I believe that it had a lot to do with their mindset because when you feel better you can manage pain a whole lot better.
- It Makes You Feel Smarter: When working out as I mentioned above it helps you be more creative and helps your mind work better. When this happens you feel better about yourself and the side effect is you feel smarter. Working out can change the way you operate not only in body, but also in mind.
- Helps With Depression: Burning up a sweat acts as an anti-depressant and can help with depression. Feeling in a funk or irritated go pump some iron or for a jog and that blue mood you are feeling I bet will be a lot better.
While exercise can help you lose the weight and inches it is so much more. When we change our mindset about sweating to realize it is a lifeline to a better you, I believe we begin to fully appreciate what getting healthy can do for our lives. Don’t hate on exercise do it because you love yourself.