I know love is in the air lately. There are hearts everywhere and song playing over the radio about LOVE. Today I am sharing with you 15 stay at home date nights + love letter to my one and only. You don’t have to read my letter, but if you scroll down you will find 15 home dates we have done or do on a regular basis.
Never Stop Dating Your Spouse!
It seems like only yesterday my eyes met your gaze on that Colorado mountaintop. Your dark curly hair blew in the wind and those beautiful dark brown eyes stared deep into mine. I remember standing in 3 feet of snow with no coat shivering why you read me the most beautiful letter ever. It was only you and I surrounded by the big open Montana sky.
You swept me off my feet and carried me into a new life full of adventure, romance, and the most wonderful friendship I could ever ask for. I never thought when I married you that it could be better than it was the day I said I do. I love that even though we have been together over 5500 days yes that’s right 15 years times 365+ a few more equals a lot of time spent together. In that time we have created three living beautiful babies and three babies Heaven bound.
Loving you is easy, it takes a little effort, I miss you the moment you step out the door, I eagerly await your texts, and when you come home I love it when sweep me off my feet giving me those crazy amazing kisses while I squeeze your hot butt. I love that even after all this time you still date me as if you’re still on the chase, it makes life fun and super sexy.
Each day you amaze me with your hard work, love and tenacity to create a life for your family. You are a beautiful soul, a man with a heart so big that he gives and gives and gives even when he should take. Thank you for being anything, but ordinary, and supporting me when I decide to fly. I love you and I am honored to call you mine. Blessings my love. ///
15 Stay at Home Date Nights
- Cook Together – after the kids have gone to bed make a special dinner for just the two of you. My husband and I really enjoy cooking, but more importantly we love spending quality time together over good food. If not a cook order food from your favorite restaurant and enjoy it at home.
- Movie Night – When our kids were really little my husband and I loved to have movie nights. We both love old war movies or fantasy movies. The great thing about movies is you can snuggle in and hit the pause button when you have the munchies or need to pee.
- Give Massages – Who doesn’t love a massage? I would have one weekly if I could afford it. Massaging your spouse or partner is a perfect to let them relax and unstress from their long week. Usually massages will end up getting you lucky too if you do it long enough. 🙂
- Go Camping – Or pretend to go camping! We love camping, but sometimes it is not possible due to time of year to go. Open up that two person sleeping bag in front of your fireplace and pretend you are under the stars.
- Play Dress Up – This may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I love playing dress up and sometimes it is fun to pretend to be someone you are not. If your favorite super hero is Superman like mine get your hubs a Superman costume and have some fun with it. Maybe make him sick with red kryptonite.
- Game Night – If your family loves games choose your favorite card or table game. Maybe even spice things up with a sexy sort of game, but whatever you do have fun with it.
- Scavenger Hunts – You can create fun clues that will lead your spouse on a full-filled night of adventure.
- Do a Themed Night – Make everything you plan around a theme like Italian night where you cook Italian, have Italian wine and desserts, watch movies having to do with it, listen to music, the ideas are endless.
- Create a DIY Photo Shoot –My husband LOVES to photograph me and what girl doesn’t love being photographed by her lover. Get all gussied up and let the flash bulbs go off.
- Dance the Night Away – My husband has two left feet and I am not much better, but sometimes putting on some fun tunes and dancing is great exercise and releases good endorphins
- Dream Date – Do you and your spouse have big dreams or plans for your future? Order in some pizza and sit down and map out your goals for your future. This is so much fun because when you write it down and agree on it – it usually comes to fruition.
- Strip Trivia – Make up questions to ask each other and if you get it wrong … well there goes a sock. The idea is have some fun!
- Take a Candle Light Bath – My husband and I do this nearly every night to spend time talking about our day. We try not to miss it because we sleep so much better when we spend that time together.
- Watch Ted Talks – I know kinda nerdy, but my husband and I love to listen to those who are leaders or experts in their areas of expertise. We love to learn from the best.
- Home Improvement Night – Have a project you both have wanted to tackle and get done. Nothing like a little accidental paint on a cheek to get the fun started.
The key to any relationship is to make time for it. A marriage is much like a plant if you do not continually feed and water it – it might hold out for a while, but it will eventually wilt and die. I know not every season in marriage is perfect, but take from me it is so worth it!
What date nights do you do with your spouse or partner? Comment Below!