Mornings are always crazy for our family of five. I get up at 5 am to have some me time, then workout at 6 am with my hubby, and we wake our kids around 7 am. It is hard trying to get everything done in the morning, so I am creating more on the go type breakfast meals that don’t take my little ones that much time to eat. One recipe that has been a huge hit is my on the go breakfast oatmeal muffins. These muffins are easy to make and last all week long if you refrigerate them. They are also great as a quick snack and perfect to send in your child’s lunch as well.
Oatmeal On The Go!
What is great about my oatmeal muffins is that you can customize them to your taste buds, by adding in chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut, or raisins like I did. Use my recipe as a base and then add your flair. My recipe is a great way to get your kids or yourself a healthy and nutritious breakfast when you are in a hurry.
Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- 4 cups gluten free certified rolled oats
- 2 cups mashed banana
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Apple sauce
- 4 tbs raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts optional
- Raisins chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut, or whatever you want to put into your muffins.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl add in all ingredients and stir with a spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray a cupcake pan with olive oil and add in a 1/4 cup of oatmeal mixture to each cupcake area.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops of muffins become slightly brown.
- If using the 21 Day Fix container system this equals 1 yellow if you have added nothing, but the oatmeal.
Does your family have any on the go breakfast recipes? Share below.
Interested in getting healthy? Need a support system to actually press play and learn how to change your diet? As an on-line health and fitness coach I can help you! I connect people with in-home fitness programs that meet their needs and help create support along the way. Ready to make the change or want to talk about your goals click HERE.